The Pony Club’s new virtual dressage competition is to be launched as part of the Virtual Windsor Autumn Series 2020. The competition will take pride of place on the Sunday of the online Show which, will be live-streamed from 25-27 September 2020.
Based on The Pony Club Home International Dressage which, takes place annually at Royal Windsor Horse Show, the competition has been redesigned for a virtual platform. Teams of four will represent England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland in a first‐of‐its‐kind competition, with each team containing one Novice, one Intermediate and two Open riders. Any current Pony Club member who fulfils the minimum requirements listed below may enter a video to the Qualifying Competition, of which the highest scores in each country will form the teams. All entries to the Qualifying Competition will be judged and placed, with rosettes to 10th.
The highest placed riders from each country, in each section, will then go forward to film their Home International test. All tests will be judged by a panel of three British Dressage listed judges, one of whom will be completely independent of The Pony Club. The tests and results will be live-streamed as one programme as part of the Virtual Windsor Autumn Series 2020, on Sunday 27 September.
Marcus Capel, CEO of The Pony Club said, “It is so exciting to have the opportunity to stage our Pony Club Home International Dressage virtually this year. The competition is usually a chance for riders to compete against the backdrop of Windsor Castle so, despite the disappointments that Covid‐19 has brought to 2020, our members will be able to ride at the virtual Royal Windsor Horse Show and to compete in this challenge online.”
Royal Windsor’s Show Director, Simon Brooks‐Ward said, “We are delighted to be able to announce that The Pony Club Home International Dressage will take place on the Sunday of the Virtual Windsor Autumn Series 2020. The Pony Club is a stepping-stone for so many talented young riders, and during these times it is adapting and overcoming to continue providing education, inspiration and competition to young riders all over the country. I look forward to seeing the high standard of equestrianism The Pony Club always produces.”T
he Virtual Windsor Autumn Series 2020 will run from 25-27 September 2020 with the show itself taking place as a free‐to‐view live-stream available on Facebook, YouTube and the Virtual Windsor website across the Show Weekend.
- Riders must be current members of The Pony Club, and the Branch/Centre the member belongs to will determine which nation they will ride for.
- Riding and filming of tests will be overseen by the Pony Club member’s DC, Area Rep or an appointed steward for fair play.
- Combination of horse and rider must have TWO results of 67% or above, at the level they wish to ride at, from either:
o 2019 Pony Club Area Competition
o 2019 Pony Club Winter Series Championship
o 2018 Pony Club National Championship
o 2019 British Dressage Competition (does not include My Quest or Team Quest)
Please note that Dressage to Music tests do not count.
For BD sheets, PC Novice is equivalent to BD Preliminary, PC Intermediate is equivalent to BD Novice, and PC Open is equivalent to BD Elementary.
- They will ride the Pony Club Championship Test at the relevant level and under Pony Club rules. This will require the combination to submit a video of the relevant test being ridden for judging.
- The tests to be used are as follows, and will be available from The Pony Club and Virtual Windsor websites:
o Novice – The Pony Club Novice Championship Test 2017
o Intermediate – The Pony Club Intermediate Championship Test 2014
o Open – The Pony Club Open Championship Test 2018
- Entries open on 14 August 2020 and close on 4 September 2020, with final team footage required no later than 11 September. Entries can be made online here, and a link to the entries page will be available via the Virtual Windsor website. The entry fee is £12.00 per combination. To enter, riders will need to upload two results to confirm eligibility as well as the video or link of their ridden test to be judged.